12.11.2008

Does this mean I'm growing up?

I remember when I was a little girl, asking why anyone would want clothes for Christmas or why people would be excited to get a new recipe book... you couldn't play with those things! Toys.. toys... toys... that's all I ever wanted. A Fisher Price play house for my dolls, a doll house hamper for my collection of Beanie Babies, and of course one of my favorite Christmas presents I ever got was my "Big Girl Vanity". It looked similar to this,


(Please note that the mirror wasn't actually glass, it was more of a very shinny plastic that gave a reflection similar to one that you get when you look into a spoon)

Well now that I've gotten older, my Christmas list has changed. I've found myself asking for the things "you can't play with". One of my number one things on my list this year is a Swiffer Wetjet. Yes, a glorified mop. Another list topper this year is for my stocking to be stuffed with tooth brushes, tooth paste, shampoo, conditioner, boring, boring, boring, but not for this girl. Those are my new things "to play with". Does this mean I'm growing up?

3 comments:

Amy White said...

You are too funny and way too cute! I hope that my dad fills my stocking with the same things. This is too funny, but every year we always got a Secret deo. in the stocking...just something that you come to rely on this time of year. One year recently it was not in the stocking, it was total disappointment. I was counting on that deo. for my visit. Anyways, just thought that I'd share!

Anonymous said...

Jill, your dad and I just read your vanity story and boy did that give us a flash back. I had forgotten about that vanity and reading about it made us smile and cry at the same time. I guess I better head to Walmart tomorrow to start your gift buying. Ha Love you.

Art Teacher said...

What do I have to do to get an Aunt Judy comment! You have such a following so soon!
P.S. It was my fault we didn't get the deodorant. I had a back log of it. I think that when I moved to FL I had like 4 never been used sticks, so he took a year off I guess!