12.22.2008

Because it's a Tradition

Gingerbread night... every year just before Christmas, Mrs. Sue invites Kate (her daughter), myself, my mom, Lindsey, Mrs. Robin, Mrs. Carolyn and Megan to decorate our gingerbread houses. I truly think it's what keeps Mrs. Sue going throughout the year, this one night full of stale Neccos from 1998, hardened gummy rings and plenty of Christmas music and gingerbread attire. Each year we all try to bring a "Secret Weapon". Last year, I found a haunted gingerbread house. It eventually turned into an extremely bright colored "Christmas with the Kranks" house. This year, my plan was to do a Feliz Navidad theme... it took an extreme turn. Instead, I did a school house.


Front



Side #1 (a little blurry but still precious)



Side #2


Here are some of us with our finished products.


Like I said, lots of gingerbread attire. Here we all are, wearing our gingerbread man aprons from Mrs. Sue. (Except Erin because Mrs. Sue called her a "beginner". She was told she had to work her way up to our level. Even though Erin/Mrs. Robin's house was one of the best!)


3 comments:

Art Teacher said...

Jill your talent in gingerbread house decorating puts mine to shame.. You are truly an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I was MIA this year. You see, It's just that gingerbread aapron would have clashed w/ the outfit I picked out, and lord knows we couldn't have that, now could we? xo, Kate

bettyproper said...

I love traditions...especially Gingerbread house night. We created ours during the Thanksgiving weekend and this year we had a great laugh in the pocess. (That portion of the story involves an English sheep dog.:) Your houses look fabulous and I especially adore the aprons!